Each week, I intend to post what we’re consuming – food and media – for a couple reasons:
- To chronicle our actions
- To provide ideas for others
- To take our attention from the news
- To stay sane (see #3)
- ‘McMillions’ – Uncle Jerry, enough said.
- ‘The Pharmacist’ – Dan Schneider is relentless in his pursuit of justice
- ‘The Women of Troy’ – Chronicling Cheryl Miller and the University of Southern California’s rise to NCAA powerhouse in the 80s that put women’s college basketball – and women’s sports in general – on the national map. A must watch regardless of level of sports interest.
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ – Poor Mocha Joe, Leon FTW, and Larry being Larry. Still think they should have done more with Jeff as Harvey Weinstein because that’s giggle-fest even if it’s messed up.
- ‘Chicago PD’ – Mindless television, perfect for self-isolation
- ‘The Blacklist’ – See ‘Chicago PD’ + a bit better of a plot
- Started ‘After Truth’ – will reserve judgement until next week, but wow, people are impressionable and ignorant.
- ‘Knives Out’ – Daniel Craig and Chris Evans acting outside of the action hero role was pretty surprising. I would watch this on Friday night even if we WERE allowed to go out.
- ‘Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark’ – A classic because why not?
- Monday, 3/16 Lunch: Roasted chicken wraps two ways – 1. Spinach wrap – roasted chicken breast, roasted red peppers, mozzarella cheese; 2. Sun-dried tomato wrap – roasted chicken breast, mixed green salad, American cheese, homemade herb and garlic dressing (splash white vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, lemon)
- Wednesday, 3/18 Breakfast: Yogurt parfait – Vanilla yogurt, high-protein almond granola, and Special K almond cereal
- Wednesday, 3/18 Lunch: Roast beef wraps – Rare roast beef, roasted red peppers, arugula, American cheese, Ken’s Italian dressing.
- Thursday, 3/19 Breakfast: Turkey bacon and egg sandwich on King’s Hawaiian mini-rolls
- Friday, 3/20 Dinner: Homemade pita bread pizza with Rao’s sauce and fresh parmesan – margarita, roast ham, and spinach pies
- Saturday, 3/21 Dinner: Roasted pork burritos – quinoa and brown rice, chopped onions, homemade guacamole
For the Freezer (because why wouldn’t I be freezing stuff in subconscious fear that we won’t be able to go to/order from the supermarket):
- Monday, 3/16: Roasted red peppers – light olive oil, salt, garlic; skin while cooling.
- Tuesday, 3/17: Spinach quiche – butter, eggs, frozen spinach drained, cheddar, garlic, onion.
- Wednesday, 3/18: Ham and bean soup – made from the stock and meat remnants of a ham bone; added chopped onions, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, Roman beans and white beans.